When teaching RE at Christ Church our aim is to enable all children to become religiously literate and ensure RE enables all children to live life in all its fullness. We follow the LDBS syllabus that offers a systematic enquiry-based approach to the teaching of RE so that the following skills in children can be developed:
- Ability to be critical thinkers
- Ability to engage critically with texts
- Ability to ask deep and meaningful questions
- Ability to make connections within and across religions and worldviews
- Ability to reflect, respond and express their own religious, spiritual and/or philosophical convictions
- Ability to make their own choices and decisions concerning religion and belief based on a deep knowledge and understanding of religions and worldviews, belief systems, values and practices.